Georgia State Taxation Law Firm
Helping Businesses and Individuals With Georgia Taxation Issues
Dealing with a state taxing agency can have a significant financial impact on your life or business. Recent state budget shortfalls throughout the country have resulted in aggressive pursuit of tax dollars. This is a nationwide trend.
Over 20 years experience in handling state taxation matters including representing the Georgia Department of Revenue
At The Litwin Law Firm, P.C., we focus strictly on state and local tax matters. Our clients include airlines, manufacturers, telecom corporations, retailers, wholesalers, e-businesses, and contractors. We represent large, medium and small corporations, LLCs and sole proprietorships with presence within and outside Georgia. We represent Georgia individual residents statewide, plus small businesses and individuals nationwide facing issues or tax litigation with the Georgia Department of Revenue and other state taxing authorities.
Experienced Legal Advice - Peer Recognized Expertise
Richard Litwin is an AV-rated* tax attorney with more than twenty years of experience dealing with state and local tax matters. As a frequent lecturer, published author, former member of the Georgia Department of Revenue Business Advisory Committee and current co-moderator of the Georgia Department of Revenue Attorney Liaison Committee, he is a familiar presence in state and local taxation matters statewide.
Department of Revenue Problems? We Can Help.
Many of our clients come to us after receiving a Delinquency Notice, Notice of Proposed Assessment, Official Assessment and Demand for Payment or FiFa Action Notice. Clients also seek our counsel in advising as to Georgia state and local tax obligations or when they believe that they have an outstanding or new state or local tax issue. Examples include:
- An inquiry from the Department of Revenue
- An unfiled tax return
- Unpaid state sales and use taxes
- Unpaid employer withholding taxes
- Unpaid state income taxes
- An inquiry from another state taxing agency regarding state filing obligations in the respective state
- A request, notice, proposed assessment, official assessment or jeopardy assessment of state sales and use tax, state employer withholding tax or state income tax
- State tax liens that are revealed during the process of refinancing a home
- An employee files for unemployment, triggering a Georgia Department of Labor inquiry
- Notice of a sales and use tax audit, an employer withholding tax audit, a corporate income tax audit, an individual income tax audit or a Georgia Department of Labor employment tax audit
If you received a notice of any kind from the Georgia Department of Revenue or Georgia Department of Labor, contact us for clear legal advice about state taxation issues.
Specializing in State and Local Tax Law - Call (678) 990-0600
At our Atlanta-based law firm, we help clients throughout Georgia and nationwide in deciphering complex state and local taxation issues. For knowledgeable advice from an experienced tax lawyer, call or contact our law office.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.